Established in 1693, High Constantia Winery began its historical journey as part of the Dutch East India Company outpost, originally called Wittebomen – because of the abundance of Silver leaf trees.

On a small corner of the original land, David van Niekerk is restoring ‘High Constantia’ to its former winemaking glory. They are planting stocks and producing from their cellar – a structure that is reminiscent of High Constantia’s original home for wine – wines that, while they echo the gracious past of the former estate, give new life to the subtle flavours born of the mystic inter-relationship between earth and climate in the Constantia Valley


Browse all of the farm wines